Saturday 21 January 2012

SFR Soundsystem 21012012

Playlist for tonight's show. The usual mix of new & old ska but with a soulful groove to get the show going. Been listening to a lot of Japanese ska this week & played a few J-Ska tunes in the show. My show usually goes out at 8pm but I started at 11pm tonight. Not used to concentrating at that time of night - hence it being somewhat chaotic in places (my excuse & I'm sticking to it!) Hope you enjoyed listening.
  1. Soul Shakedown Party - Bob Marley & the Wailers
  2. Green Onions - Byron Lee
  3. Soul Finger - Roland Alphonso
  4. Time is Tight - The Heptones
  5. Ska Champion - The Determinations
  6. Smart Boy - The Akrylykz
  7. Kingston Affair - Dave Barker & the Selecter
  8. Bangin' on the Wall - The Communicators
  9. Pipe Down - The JB Conspiracy
  10. Fuck You too - Dubfound
  11. Ten Commandments - Prince Buster
  12. Tommy's Rocksteady - Tommy McCook & the Supersonics
  13. Midnight Ska - Reggie Msomi's Hollywood Jazz Band
  14. Sadness - Oi Skall Mates
  15. On The Town - Madness
  16. Stand Down Margaret (dub) - The Beat
  17. Bankrobber - The Clash *
  18. Good One Go - The Amphetameanies
  19. Sammy dead - The Simmertones
  20. The Ballad of Lloyd Knibb - Bombskare
  21. Addis Ababa - The Skatalites
  22. Drum Song - Sound Dimension
  23. Duck Soup - Drumbago All Stars
  24. Tribute to Drumbago (AKA Last Call) - The Dynamites
  25. Ten Commandments From Woman To Man - Prince Buster
  26. Rough & Tough - Stranger Cole
  27. Reggae 69 - Boss 501
  28. Body bag - Los Furios
  29. Your Boss DJ - Dice The Boss
  30. Dollar in the Teeth - The Upsetters
  31. Mars Invasion - The Soulsteppers
  32. Annie Pama - Bunny Lee All Stars
  33. Bigger Boss - Ansel Collins
  34. Bellevue Special - Don Drummond
  35. Loosen Up - Rude Bones
  36. Four Seasons of the Year - King Edward Allstars
  37. Down Beat Stomp - Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
* The Clash song was not on my original playlist - my niece requested and although I don't do requests once I've set the playlist, it was her 18th birthday so I made an exception! I had planned to play Friday Night, Saturday Morning by The Specials. However, while listening to it the thought occurred to me how well Bankrobber sat with Stand Down Margaret; the banks are robbing us blind & we have a Maggie clone in number 10 and God knows I want him to stand down (or at least keep his thieving mitts off my pension!)


No comments:

Post a Comment